To be successful in this position, you will follow and embrace the company’s Vision, Mission, and Core values. You would be reporting to the owners of the company.
Prior experience is always an asset; however, we are willing to train.
We are looking for a dependable, Fence Installer to tend to our customer’s fencing needs. The Fence Installer will be required to inspect locations to ascertain their suitability, advise on appropriate fencing materials, deliver materials and build in specified areas. You should also ensure that sites are free from waste before you leave. You will be expected to treat each fence installation and property like it was your own.
To be successful as a Fence Installer, you should possess an understanding of the ways in which climates and terrains dictate fencing solutions. An outstanding Fence Installer will propose materials and finishes that fit with the aesthetic of the sites on which they work. Always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. Most importantly, you should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
- Corresponding with clients to determine the types and functions of the fencing they require
- Inspecting property plans to determine the parameters of each site when these are unclear
- Conducting site inspections to ascertain the amount of materials needed to complete each installation
- Measuring the length of each section that requires fencing, and determining the requisite height of each fence in collaboration with customers
- Suggesting alternate finishes based on the climate, topography, and appearance of each area, if needed.
- Trimming sections of the fencing to ensure that they are appropriate in size
- Preparing the site by digging holes and trenches in which the fencing will be positioned
- Joining, raising, ad securing segments of the fence in place
- Checking for gaps and vulnerabilities in the fencing and correcting these, if needed
- Advising customers how to apply for warranties for completed vinyl projects
- Some office tasks will be required like completing Quotes and time sheets, scheduling support and preventing conflicts
- Greet and assist customers
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone and in person
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience
- Attention to customer service is essential
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Qualified by training and/or experience, alternatively willing to be trained
- Ability to operate the appropriate tools and equipment
- Excellent visuospatial and measurement skills
- A firm grasp of relevant math and physics principles
- Perceptive, with outstanding judgment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Capacity to fulfill your duties independently (after training) and on time
- Physically fit and dexterous
- Dependability and attention to detail with accuracy of work is a must
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others